12 March 2024

Simplicity in habit




With righteousness is administered the empire.
With craftiness is directed the army.
With non-diplomacy is taken the empire
I what-by know its being such, indeed?
It is this.

In the world the more restrictions prohibitions 
yet the people increasingly become poor.
The people the more sharp weapons, 
the state the more and more is confused.
The people  the more artful cunning,
abnormal things the more and more occur.
Laws orders the more and more made manifest,
robbers thieves the more appear.

Therefore the holy man says:
I not doing,
and the people of themselves reform.
I love quietude and the people of themselves are righteous.
I not-doing business,
and the people of themselves become rich.
I not having desires,
and the people of themselves are simple.





 

No comments: